Monday, May 31, 2010

Welcome to My New Genealogy Blog!

For more than ten years I've had a genealogy website called Our Carolina Roots on Rootsweb, which was later purchased by Ancestry.com. It is set up in such a way that I must code html and it has grown beyond simple maintenance. The url is too long to remember, and the site is too cumbersome to update, and so it never gets updated. 

I've decided to better manage it by creating this simple-to-use blog. This way I can manage all my sites in one easy place and update my genealogy info once in a while rather than never. 

It will take some time, but I plan to eventually upload all my family photos and cemetery images here. Also, by using a blog, I now have an RSS feed that others may want to subscribe to and post on their sites--especially if there are updates here and there.

Thanks for stopping by Our Carolina Roots!

No comments:

Post a Comment